As you know, one of our major activities throughout the year is the Running Dinner, an event that combines our most favorite activities: Food and bringing people together. As unusual times call for unusual measures, the Online Echo is still bringing all of us together through food, especially because spending a lot of time in the house has lead to some awsome culinary discoveries. In this section, we have collected some of our favorite recipes for you to try out while we look forward to trying out your own recipes as well. Read at your own risk! ;-)
- 1 Onion
- 300g Spinach leaves (frozen or fresh)
- 4 Eggs
- 400g cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 25g Butter
- 350g Cheddar cheese
- 250ml Milk
- Your favourite herbs and spices
- Heat oven to 180 °C. Lightly mist a casserole dish with nonstick sprayor butter/oil.
- In a large bowl, add cooked rice, spinach, butter, onion, salt and cheese.
- In another bowl pour milk and add eggs. Whisk to combine. Pour into the bowl with rice-spinach mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
A few tips to make it even tastier:
- Use leftover cooked rice instead of fresh one
- When you use frozen spinach don't let it melt completely before mixing it in the mixture
- Grate a good quality cheese, when you use very strong cheese you might need less cheese for it to taste great
- Mix in your favourite herbs and spices for an even more tasty experience